Saturday, March 22, 2008

Catch Up for This Week

Wow! The week has gone by so fast. I can hardly believe we’re at the end of Saturday already.

Recap of my week:

Tuesday Day 13: Went to work. I think I was running late so caught the bus part way. Then had Parish Council after work, so got home late.

Wednesday Day 14: I think I caught the bus again. Because we had the Presanctified Liturgy in the evening, I fasted from lunch on, and had smoothie for breakfast/snack/lunch in the morning. Then I ate soup and buns with everyone after church. I had 2 helpings of soup – it was really good.

Thursday Day 15: I walked to work and walked home. I raced myself for the walk home and I think it was the fastest I’ve ever done. Just over 40 minutes (maybe about 43 or so). Bruce had a meeting, but I didn’t. But I finally made time to watch The Ark of Truth. It was good. I started watching some of the special features, too. I’m looking forward to seeing more. My eating went out the window. I had Tootsie Rolls for dessert after supper and snacked on Corn Pops during the movie. I was feeling sugared out.

Friday Day 16: Even though it was Good Friday on the Western calendar, I had arranged with my boss to work so that I can have our Good Friday off without having to take a holiday day. I drove to work because I woke up late and needed to take a shower. By the time I left, there was no way I’d make it to work in decent time (even though nobody else was going to be there), so I drove. It was an okay day, but ISC was really frustrating because the web site was running really slowly so I couldn’t really get done some of the stuff I wanted to do. I also didn’t stick to the whole “only fruits and vegetables” on Fridays during Lent. (Bruce and I were going to do that. It's not an Orthodox tradition. We talked about it and decided that maybe that was a bit overeager and too much for us.) I sort of pigged out on nuts and crackers. After work was Youth. Only 2 of the guys showed up, but Father Bernard talked to us about the Akathist to the Theotokos, we participated in the service, and then we went downstairs to eat popcorn and play some games. I was really glad a couple of the other guys in church stayed to play, too. It was a good time even though we were a small group. Afterward I felt as though I wasn’t really focused, but I hope nobody really noticed.

Today Day 17: We took the kids to see The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything in the cheap theatre. We promised them that if they waited we would buy popcorn and treats as well as the movie. The result is we showed up a little early and bought some New York Fries in the food court (which I wolfed down far too many), then I ate most of a large Kit Kat chocolate bar, drank a huge glass of Dr. Pepper, ate one of Brendan's Twizzlers and then munched on some popcorn even though I was already bloated and starting to not feel well. By the time we left the movie I was feeling so sick to my stomach. It didn’t help that all day today (from the time I woke up this morning) my back has been hurting all the way up into my head. When we got home I lied down and had a nap before taking the kids to Church School and going to Vespers. Then I had some of the wheat stuff that is offered for the dead as there were two memorials tonight at the service. I ate too much and am still a little dehydrated, I think. I need to make sure I drink quite a bit of water before I go to bed tonight.

So, I should probably step on the scale to see where I am. I’m guessing after the awful lack-of-control week I had, I’m not going to like the result. Well, I’ll go see anyway…..

Weight: 198.5

Ouch. That’s what I get for binging and not walking.

No comments: