Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another Catch-Up Post

I’m not sure I can even remember what has been happening with me. I can hardly believe it has been this long since I’ve last posted. Uhhh…. So, let’s see….

Sunday Day 18: I know we went to church in the morning. Then we came home and I had the bright idea that we could work on cleaning out the garage. The kids were left to their own devices for the most part while we piled box after box out of the garage. So, everything is mostly sorted. We have a pile of boxes for the church garage sale in May. Bruce brought in the boxes of books because they had been rifled through as we’ve looked for books over time. A few boxes from my mom’s made it into the house to be sorted through, including the cross stitch stuff. I organized my trunk in the living room and it has all the cross stitch and candles in it now. I moved the covered hanger stuff because I ran out of room. Unfortunately, we discovered 2 boxes got wet in the garage. Out of all the possibilities, the ones that got wet were a box with kids books that I was saving for my kids when they were older. They were books that were mine or my mom’s. A classic edition of Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass, Little Women, Little Men, Swiss Family Robinson, Tom Sawyer, Hans Christian Anderson Fairy Tale Classics, and a compilation of fairy tales that was my mom’s from her favourite aunt and uncle. It was my mom’s book that I cried over. Brendan saw me crying, and I think he was quite upset to see how upset I was. I was also devastated that the other box that got wet was a box of pictures. They were my dad’s photos which had a ton of family pictures. I can’t even express how awful I feel since some of the pictures didn’t have negatives, and I think a lot of the negatives have been ruined also. Bruce is supposed to take the negatives to a photo shop to see if we can salvage them and get the pictures onto a CD or something. I just feel sick about it.

Monday Day 19: I don’t know what happened with this day. I think I walked to and from work, and it snowed. But I don’t remember anything else. Maybe it was an imaginary day.

Tuesday Day 20: Yesterday I caught the bus for part of the way to work because I slipped on some ice I couldn’t see. It had snowed overnight and the ground was covered with a light snowfall. Since it was the Feast of the Annunciation at church with a liturgical service and communion, I walked straight from work to church. After the service we had a fish fry feast at someone’s house. It was a good time. I was a little worried about Bruce, though, because he has not been sleeping well and seemed stressed and a little down. I think he ended up being okay by the end and we all had a good time. I feasted in the evening with everyone else. This Lent thing is not helping my diet for not eating after 7. Especially since I fast from lunch until after taking communion. I wonder how the Muslims keep from gaining weight during their month of fasting.

Wednesday Day 21: I had a doctor’s appointment today. I needed to get a full physical done including a pap test. (yay. not) I found out that I’m actually a fairly healthy sick person. I don’t have diabetes, my cholesterol is good, and I’m not anemic. I do still have to lose weight, although the doctor seemed to think I'd be okay so long as I get to at least 180 pounds. I said I’d like to get to 160 even though my ideal weight is 140. But because I carry most of it on my bum, I think I can get away with being a ‘little’ heavier. At the doctor’s office I weighed 196 pounds and my blood pressure was 112/72.

So there is my exciting life. I’m pretty sure if anyone had insomnia, this would put them to sleep. Which is where I’m going to go now.

No comments: