Wednesday, March 05, 2008

No Desserts?!?!

I began a post about how my day was as it was an interesting day. The only problem is, I’m so tired I can’t seem to get the words out. So I’m going to be brief.

• I had a massage appointment this morning. My back was in bad shape and it is really sore right now still. But we got a pair of skates for Brendan.

• I had an appointment with the surgeon regarding the transplant. (1) The news: there isn’t room for a kidney to be transplanted to me without removing one of mine first. I anticipated this may be the case. (2) I need to lose weight. And the doctor was clear on how I am to do it. No dessert. No eating after 7 pm. No taking second helpings. Walk for 1 hour a day 6 days a week.

Well, I didn’t start the diet change today. I had popcorn after supper tonight. But it’s not the late night eating that’s going to be a big issue. And I’ll make sure I walk to work, so I’ll do the walking. But I want my dessert! I’m a sugar addict. How can anyone in the world live without chocolate? I’ve always said that I’m glad I’m not a diabetic. I can handle having to reduce the salt intake in my diet. But I don’t know how I’m going to do with no desserts. And especially since I love to bake.

No comments: