Friday, March 07, 2008

Day 2

Once again it is very late. Therefore a very quick update.

I walked to work but Bruce gave me a ride home. I had youth tonight and so needed to get home in good time.

I did not have seconds, but did have a nicely sized (meaning not small but not huge) piece of the cheesecake I made. It was very yummy, but I had to make the crust with regular graham cracker crumbs, and it is much better with the chocolate ones. Recipe is as follows:

1. Combine 1 ¼ cups chocolate crumbs with ¼ cup melted butter. Press on bottom of 9 in. springform pan.
2. Beat 3 pkgs (250 g each) softened cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar until smooth, Add 3 eggs, one at a time, and mix until just blended. Stir in 6 squares semi-sweet chocolate (melted and cooled) and ¼ cup Amaretto liqueur. (Note: I used about 6 oz melted semisweet chocolate chips because hubby bought unsweetened chocolate instead of semisweet. It still turned out nice)
3. Bake at 350F for 45-50 min. or until centre is almost set. Cool completely, then refrigerate 3 hr or overnight. Add the finishing touch – drizzle melted chocolate and top with toasted almonds.

My cake always cracks, but after I drizzle chocolate and add the almonds (and sometimes I drizzle more chocolate on top of the almonds) you can’t really tell until you are cutting into it.

Then I went to Youth. I was surprised to find out that our regular youth didn’t come, but we had one who has been coming bring a friend and one new person show up. I taught the lesson (which I hope went well) and then we tried to do Bigger and Better. I say tried because we didn’t get a very positive response from most of the people we asked. There were underdressed girls who were getting cold, so we decided to quit and went to Tim Hortons to grab something to warm up. (btw – two of the cold girls ordered Iced Caps. Go figure) But before we got there I decided to stop at home because I knew we had something to give that would be bigger and better. So each of the girls (there were 3 of them) went home with something nice.

And I’m proud to say, all I had at Timmy’s was hot water. *pat on the back*

Okay, now it’s off to bed for me.

No comments: