Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Two for the Price of One

Yesterday I attempted to post, but got so frustrated I gave up and went to bed instead. I type my blog entries in Word first and then copy and paste it into Blogger. But on the new computer I wasn’t able to use apostrophes. They kept showing up wrong and would have the red underlining saying it was spelled incorrectly. Now any normal, rational human being would probably just keep going with the entry and fix the apostrophes when they were done. I was not a rational human being yesterday. For some reason I was grouchy, grumpy and moody. I was short with the kids while they were getting ready for bed. I had to apologize to Brendan today because he had tried to show me a sentence of his which said I made great waffles, but I essentially ignored him. My brain space doesn’t appear to be much better tonight. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’m tired all the time and am grouchy more often. I don’t know how people with insomnia survive.

Day 6 Yesterday I think my eating went well. Except Brendan bought a box of Frootloops and I had a few dry ones in a bowl. I walked to work and otherwise ate well. Like I said above, though, I was grouchy. I cleaned up the kitchen, though. Whenever I’m mad I clean. I don’t know exactly what I was upset/mad/angry about, but whatever it was, I vented on the kitchen. Which means that the wonderful, thoughtful, loving gift my husband gave me didn’t get watched. When Bruce picked me up from work yesterday, he had The Ark of Truth sitting on my seat. I started watching it, but never finished because, like I said, I was grouchy and cleaned instead.

Day 7 For Lent Bruce and I said we were going to try to do just fruits and vegetables (mostly juicing) on Wednesdays and Fridays. I had smoothie for breakfast and smoothie for lunch. Then we had the Presanctified Liturgy tonight, so typically as a church we are to fast completely before taking communion anyway. It is recommended to fast from breakfast, but at least from lunch. I fasted from lunch on. The Nut Lady even came by work, but I’ve said that I’m going to stop buying snacks from her seeing as I’d most likely buy jubjubs or chocolate or other sugar stuff. The only thing is that after the service we have soup and bread downstairs. I picked the leek soup, but ended up having bread and jam. It was cherry jam. Cherries are my favourite. I had 3 helpings of bun and jam. Oops.

I also said I want to try to be in bed by 10 every night for Lent. It’s after 10 now, so I’m going to post this and head to bed.

No comments: