Thursday, March 06, 2008

A New Start

Earlier today I was thinking I should track my progress with this whole losing weight thing. So, I’ll weigh myself periodically and see how I’m doing. My starting weight: 202 lbs.

Day 1 – I started walking to work, but it was freezing out, so caught the bus to go part way (about 20 minutes of my walk). Walking to work usually takes about 50 minutes, so I figure that is the best way to get my hour of walking a day in. Because I didn’t walk all the way to work, I walked home. Eating: I haven’t eaten anything since 7 p.m. I didn’t have seconds at supper, either, but did have popcorn until 7 :P. Also, I think I cheated a little about the no desserts thing. Oh, I didn’t have any dessert, but I did add hot chocolate to my coffee at work. Two or three times. Oh, and I made a chocolate cheesecake for Bruce's birthday tomorrow. I will be eating dessert for his birthday.

I joined Facebook the other day and have found a ton of people that I haven’t been in touch with since, well, since elementary school. Some are from high school and some are from college. Makes me wish I’d joined Facebook a while ago. Of course, now I feel like I’m trading one computer addiction for another. Facebook is replacing Neopets. Well, Lent is just around the corner, so that will limit my computer time. Hopefully.

No comments: