Monday, February 21, 2005

That Kind of Day

Do you ever have one of those days? I'm having one today.

This morning when I started up our van I heard a funny noise. I pointed it out to my husband, and he said we would probably need to have our timing chain adjusted. Well, after he dropped me off at work, I hear the three of them come back into my office. The van broke about half a block down the street. So we needed to phone CAA to have it towed, and while Bruce was out waiting for the tow truck to come, my kids were hanging out with me at the office.

We still don't know the kind of damage we're going to have to pay for, but in it all I did notice a few things.

1. What a blessing that the van broke down so close to my work. I got to work okay, and the kids didn't have to wait outside in the freezing cold with their dad while he was waiting for the tow truck.

2. I work in a great office that was totally okay with my kids hanging out for a while. And, one of my co-workers has two kids about my kids' ages and so she offered to give them a ride home since she had car seats in her car. Thank-you God that my family was able to make it back home safely.

3. My son can still go to school because when his auntie found out that our van broke down, she offered to give him a ride to school.

So basically all I'm left with is trying to get back in step with my work load. I had someone say that when you have a day that starts off not-so-great, sometimes it's just better to admit that it's a write-off. I don't know if it's just that I'm stubborn, or the fact that I can see the postitives out of today, but I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet. Besides, I have too much work to do!

No comments: