Friday, February 18, 2005

The Dream Giver

I've finished reading the Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson. It was a very easy read. I could have done it in one sitting if I had that much time at once. I actually felt as though it could have been published in a little book - there wasn't a lot of content in it. The parable at the beginning was really good. I enjoyed it. It was also nice to have the explanation of the parable and some examples from his life.

During his talk at Breakforth, Bruce Wilkinson used a lot of what he had in his book. It's nice to have as reference, and I think that I will lend it out to others. I really think it would be good for my husband to read, and anyone who is unsure of what in the world they are doing here in the first place.

I had really enjoyed listening to him as a speaker. The concepts he expresses about how God made us really makes sense, and he is able to articulate them in an understandable, down-to-earth way. It helped me to realize that I'm not going to pursue being a lawyer. I had thought that since I enjoy being a legal assistant so much that I would go back to school to become a lawyer. But the truth of the matter is I don't like to bring work home. I work hard, but that is separate from my home life. I also want to have the time to invest in drama pursuits and maybe see more about talking with people about adoption and crisis pregnancies. I don't know how everything God has put in my heart is going to play out, yet, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

No comments: