Saturday, February 28, 2009

Angels Watching Over Me

Yesterday I received two parcels from my uncle. The boxes contained items from my Grandmother’s which had been divided and sorted on my behalf. In the boxes was art that Grandma Julie had done. She used to scratch on metal to make pictures. The metal would be painted black, and then she would scratch the picture, add colour, and scratch some more. She had explained to me once that there are many hours that go into making one of these pieces. She was also known for her art and it had sold for quite a bit. But beyond them being of value monetarily, they are distinctly my Grandmother. I had some of her pictures hanging on my wall that she had given to me when she was alive. Now I have added to that collection and have three more pictures added to the walls in my house. There was one in particular that I am absolutely thrilled to have received. It is a picture of a Guardian Angel watching over two children crossing a bridge in a storm. This has particular meaning for me because I had the original picture from when I was in Sunday School. When Grandma saw it hanging on my wall, she asked if she could get a photocopy so she could draw it. She took a black and white copy and turned it into a colourful masterpiece.


Another trinket that came was a Rubik’s Cube on a keychain. It came to us solved. My son picked it up, and now it is randomized. I don’t know how to solve a Rubik’s Cube, so now I am looking for some instructions. Not that I think I’ll ever be able to follow them, but maybe the boy who is far too smart for me will figure it out.

No comments: