Sunday, February 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

I have been tired the last while. I’ve described to a friend that my head feels like my brain is too big for my head, and my eyes are sore. It may be that I’m coming down with a cold, or it could be because my back is so sore, it hurts. Or maybe I’m retaining water. I’ve been really thirsty today, but I think part of that is because I don’t think I drank enough yesterday.

Our youth meeting didn’t have a large turnout. I think my lesson went over okay anyway. We’re planning to do a Bigger and Better night for the next time. Hopefully we’ll get a larger turnout.

We have 3 computers in our house. I know, that sounds excessive. But really, one is about 6 years old (which I bought for Bruce), one was given to us by a family member (their old one which was in better shape than ours), and a laptop (also given to us because its owner did not need it). I mention our computers because the one I bought for Bruce (we call it the ‘corner’ computer) has been acting up for a while where it randomly shuts down when it wants to and we keep wondering how long it will last. And just recently we’ve started getting a warning on the main computer (the one given to us – not the laptop) that the hard drive is about to go. So that means our “main” computer may end up being a laptop. Or we’re thinking that when the hard drive in the main computer goes, we’ll replace it with another one (which will most likely be given to us or be cannibalized out of the corner computer). Oh the joys of technology.

This week is Teacher Appreciation week. Give a teacher a smile and word of encouragement. They work hard with the next generation of leaders.

Our kids have been on a break the last week. I think Bruce is really looking forward to school starting again tomorrow!

I think that’s it for now. My head hurts, and I’m going to bed.

No comments: