Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Complaining

A little while ago on the news I saw a report on a pastor at a church who thought the world would be a better place if we stopped complaining so much. You can wear a purple bracelet to remind yourself that every time you complain you need to switch it from one arm to the other. I don’t have a bracelet, but I have been thinking about complaining a lot - especially today. It seems like every time I turn around I’m complaining about something. I want to whine about everyone around me being sick and that I'm tired today because I was at a meeting that went late last night. Of course, part of the reason I’m tired is because I hadn’t been getting enough sleep the nights before last. We have a meeting again tonight but I’d really rather just go to bed. For that matter, I told someone recently that most of the time I feel like I just want to crawl under the covers and have the DVD player on where I stare blankly at my TV without having to think about anything.

But I don’t want to be complaining, right?

Hmmmm...... Someone is taking me out for lunch tomorrow! Yay!

No comments: