Friday, February 15, 2008

Book Meme

I got this from Naomi's blog - which I try to follow faithfully and succeed about as faithfully as I update my own ;D

The directions are:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends

God was kind and loving to Hannah. She had three more boys and two girls.
February 22
Eli's Bad Sons
1 Samuel 2
Now Eli's sons were bad priests. The didn't obey God. People would bring gifts to the worship tent.
*edit - The above was taken from Day by Day Kid's Bible by Karyn Henley

I was hoping that would be more interesting, but Brendan's bible was the closest thing. It was on top of this one:

The serpent - even in paradise we who have free will cannot escape temptation and things that might lead us away from God. The serpent represents a difficult truth about free will. In order for there to be true free will, there has to be true choices, which means there had to be some choices which are "wrong" or "bad" or "evil." If this was not true and humans could only choose the good, they wouldn't really be free, but rather would be pre-programmed and predestined beings.
*edit: The above was taken from Questioning God: A Look at Genesis 1-3 by Ted Bobosh

Neither of those are mine, but they'll have to do seeing as what I am reading is The Official Magazine Stargate SG-1 / Atlantis the Jan/Feb 2008 issue with Paul McGillion. It was part of my Valentine's present.

And speaking of Valentine's presents, my hubby gave me a present that made me cry. The side of the ring looks like hearts. We saw the ring in a flyer and joked about how it was "totally me" but I never dreamed I'd actually get it. I love it! I really do have the best husband in the world.

No comments: