Thursday, February 07, 2008

Random Thoughts

I didn’t remember to blog yesterday until after I’d shut off the computer. Now it’s late and I’d like to be working on the Dr. Sloth plot on Neopets, but I need to head to bed. Everyone around me is sick, and I’m starting to get a runny nose, sneezes, and a sore throat. I went for my ECG and chest x-ray today at the hospital at lunch time. I thought I’d stop at the CRI clinic to get my hepatitis B vaccine, too, but forgot that I need to be 100% healthy – NO SNIFFLES. I’m supposed to call and make an appointment when there is no risk of me being sick. *sniff*

I worked on my lesson for Youth Catechism tomorrow. I hope it goes well. And I hope the kids learn something and have fun. I certainly learned something. For the last two weeks I’ve been trying to figure out what the point of the lesson was. Today while I was waiting for my tests and was reviewing the lesson I had an “Ah ha!” moment where I got it. Once I was at that point, the rest was easy. Now I just hope nobody is going to be upset with me putting paper on the walls in the church basement for the teens to paint on. I also hope we don’t make such a mess that it’ll be impossible to clean. *yikes!*

I keep thinking that I’d like to make time to flood the “rink” again, but that hasn’t happened yet. Maybe Saturday after I go for my glucose test. Yummy. I can hardly wait to drink that orange stuff for the test. *note dripping sarcasm here*

Oh, and on a depressing note – someone at the CRI clinic paid me a compliment and asked if I’ve lost some weight. I stepped on the scale and found out I gained a kilogram. All I could think was, “That’s the wrong direction!” Those 50 pounds I’m supposed to shed are going to kill me.

No comments: