Saturday, February 12, 2011

Daddy's Pictures

Our daughter is an artist. She always has been. When she was very little, we had to teach her an important lesson. If you draw on your stuff, it's called art. If you draw on other people's stuff, it's called vandalism.

To celebrate finishing my moot, Bruce surprised me by booking us supper at The Real Greek Restaurant. He planned that the kids might get a little bored as we ordered the Yianni Meze (a twelve course meal). Therefore, he brought some paper and pencils so the kids could draw or write if they wanted.

Between the appetizers and the main course Shaeleigh started drawing but Brendan didn't want to, so I started drawing, too. I am not an artist. I'm a wannabe. The kids really get a kick out of seeing their parents draw, though, so they started begging to see their dad draw something, too. "I don't draw," he says. "Yes, you do, daddy! We want one of your pictures!" Because he loves his kids, he starts to draw.


I take a guess, "Is it a mutant poodle?" Yes, yes it is.
"Daddy, you draw really good pictures that are really weird."
He continues to unleash his inner geek.

1 comment:

Bruce G. Anderson said...

It wasn't a mutant poodle, it was a Death Poodle!