Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My Birth Son's Birthday

Today is my birth son's birthday. I can hardly believe how much time has flown by. There really is nothing like seeing a child grow up to let you know how fast the years go. In some ways it feels as though it wasn't that long ago. On the other hand, it almost feels as though it was a whole lifetime away. I can hardly believe all that has happened between then and now. And I never could have imagined that everything would have turned out the way it did.

I am so glad that I chose adoption. I am so glad that I am still a part of his life. I am so glad that God can work out so much good in situations that seem as though they could be so bad.

I know someone who is thinking of adopting, and I know someone who is thinking of placing for adoption. In talking with both of them, I have come to the understanding that I believe the reason why adoption turned out so well in my situation is because both me and the adoptive parents put God first. We both really wanted what God desired and didn't put ourselves first. I think that's the key. And it's probably the key for more than just in adoption. I just need to remember that all the time -- in the small things as well as the big things. After all, there is truth in that if we are faithful in the little things, then we will be faithful in the big things, too. Of course, sometimes when it comes to the big things, I'm scared beyond belief. It's nice to just have the little things. It's nice to know, though, that I can be trusted with the big things - even if it is scary.

I'm thinking these thoughts are a little scattered. I'm really tired, but I knew if I didn't sit down right now that I would not get around to mentioning such a momentous event (the birthday of my birth son). He is really such a blessing. Him and his whole family. God is good.

No comments: