Friday, April 18, 2003

What a blessed day it has been. It's Good Friday, and if we didn't have Sunday to look forward to, what a sad day it would be. It's still sad in that my Lord had to suffer and die.

But the day was great. My care group and another got together to celebrate Good Friday. What a time of fellowship and a reminder of what Jesus really did for us. To be denied by your best friends. To be beaten, called names and accused of crimes when you are innocent. To suffer and die a horrible death. And yet, it all had to be done. Because without the death, there could not be the resurrection. Without the death, there could not be redemption. I am so looking forward to Sunday and the celebration that Jesus is ALIVE!

And not only did I have the chance to celebrate Good Friday, but I also had another opportunity to serve our pastor with my gifts of administration (okay, it was just typing!). But I so enjoy doing this, and sometimes I wonder if he realizes what a joy it is when I know that he so enjoys that I will do it. It's like the ultimate Win/Win situation!

AND I spent time with my family when I got home. We just sat around talking and playing. What a joy to not be rushed to go do something, but to just enjoy one another. I wish it could be like this always.

No comments: