Sunday, January 22, 2012

Treatment #3

I am not feeling well. I think it is from the dialysis treatment I had last night, but I am not sure why. My understanding is that my not feeling well would be expected if I were getting fluid taken off with my treatments, but I am not. I still pass fluid on my own. The dialysis is only to clean my blood.

My third treatment went well. It was my first 4-hour session. The needle went in without any problems, and my machine didn’t clot up at all. I say “the needle” because even though this was the third treatment, only one needle is being used instead of two. They are going to do this for a week to let my arm heal.

It feels like my whole week has been consumed with starting dialysis. I suppose it kind of has. For the last 4 out of 5 days, I was at the hospital. It will be nice to have a two-day break.

Many people have asked me how I am going to manage continuing with school and work with being on dialysis. I am hoping it will eventually just become routine and that I will feel better. The doctors and nurses have said it will be about a month before I start to feel an improvement. So I guess in the meantime I will just hang in there and ride it out.



PS - I found out the gentleman from the first night who didn’t look very well died the next day. His name is Rene, for those who wish to pray for him and/or is his family.

No comments: