Saturday, March 03, 2007

I am going to a funeral today. It's the funeral of a young man who has a beautiful wife and two children. Last Fall he wasn't feeling well, and a couple months ago he was diagnosed with cancer. It happened very fast. Much faster than they expected.

I didn't know him well. I know his wife better. But it's been hard. I was looking back at Dwayne's Blog and started crying again. Now here are two more kids who have lost their dad. The difference is, I don't think this family has strong faith. I don't know what they are going to hold onto during the hard times.

I also realized that while Dwayne was sick, I didn't say much to them. I don't think I posted a comment* until months after he was gone. I didn't know what to say then. I don't know what to say to these people now. Death sucks for the people left behind.

*Janet - I don't know how often you go back to Dwayne's Blog, but there is a lot of comment spam showing up on his blog - even from recently. Bruce suggests that you enter some sort of comment verification so you know it's a real person posting a comment, and not just computer generated ads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Yes, I do still go to Dwayne's blog occasionally, and I realize that the last comments are garbage. I'd love to get rid of them and add a comment verification, but I don't know how to change stuff. This was his blog, not mine. I only learnt how to add a posting. Maybe someday I'll learn how, but right now I do not have the time to do so.
Janet

Adelle said...

I didn't think you'd have time right now. :-D I'm sure if you wanted a hand, Bruce would help.