Saturday, February 10, 2007

Long Time No See

Just popping in to quickly post an update on what's happening.

Hmmm..... where to start?

Well, the biggest change in our lives is that we've moved from Living Hope Church to St. Vincent of Lerins Orthodox Church. It's been a year and half in the making, so it feels as though it's about time. But we're not in communion at St. Vincent's yet. We still have to finish the catechism classes. Then I will be chrismated and we're still waiting to hear from the Bishop what Bruce needs to do to return to communion again. Brendan says he's ready to be baptised, but Shaeleigh isn't. We'd like them to be baptized at the same time so that when family comes it will just be once, but I don't think I want to make Brendan wait until Shaeleigh is ready. So we'll cross that bridge once we get to it.

I've still been spending most of my free computer time at Neopets*. I've joined a guild called Mystic Castle, which has helped me achieve so many more goals in Neopets than I ever did before I belonged to a guild. The only thing is, I think Bruce wonders when he'll ever see his wife in the evenings since as soon as the kids are in bed, I'm on the comupter *lol*

And I'm having to decide where I am going to spend my time. I've seriously begun thinking about law school again, and need to go talk to someone at the College of Law to see if I even qualify for applying. I've thought about it, and it's possible that I could be a lawyer by the time I'm 40. Again, we'll see.

Like I said, this is just a quick update on the biggest highlights. I won't make any promises about when I'll be back here again.

Thanks for stopping by. I am hoping at some point to post some of my thoughts about my journey (well, more my being pulled :-D) into the Orthodox Church. And hopefully sooner rather than later.

*WARNING - playing Neopets, even though it appears to be designed for children, can be highly addictive to adults.

No comments: