Monday, January 06, 2003

So, now where to start?

My in-laws are here, which is nice. It's hard to believe the holidays are almost over. Bruce goes back to work tomorrow. It was nice having him home.

I went for coffee today with an ex-boyfriend. It went well. I hadn't seen him in about 5 years or so. I'm so thankful for my life. I love my husband, my kids, my friends, and especially God. He has been so faithful to me. I wish for him the same relationship I have with God.

I can't imagine living without God. How would I even manage day-by-day? How do people do it? He is my strength. He is my rock. He is my reason for living. Without God, life is meaningless. What is the chief end of man? To glorify God. All I am is because of God. Everything I have is because of God. There is nothing I have to give him which he has not already given me. So many things I've heard before and now there is clarity. A new understanding of what these sayings mean. It's like reading the same passage of scripture over and over again until all of a sudden one day the light goes on and I say, "Oooohhhhhh, I get it!"

The tree is down. We have room in our living room again. We have a new vacuum cleaner, and that makes me happy. It's a bagless one with a hepa filter. And it's even purple!!!! Yay!!!

Boy, I'm sure jumping all over the place tonight. Did I mention that I love my life?

No comments: