Wednesday, January 08, 2003

First, let me say, I am unsure as to why my comments appear and disappear at random. Sometimes you see them and sometimes you do not. Computers. . . .

What I really wanted to write about tonight is some stuff I saw on the television. I was holding my daughter (trying to get her to sleep) and channel surfing when I caught the last part of something about women as lawyers and how so many are leaving the profession even though there is an enrollment of about 60 percent in law school. It has started me thinking about, "Do I really know what I'm getting myself into - thinking about going back to law school?" I've thought that I was fairly sure that I want to do this once my kids are old enough, but once again I'm reminded of how huge the time commitment is going to be. And even though there seem to be a lot of women entering an area that has been mostly male dominated for what seems like forever, law is still geared towards a male menatlity. It's made me question if it's an area I really want to go. I think I would really enjoy law. I'm just not sure I'm up to the fight in a male dominated career. Sure, I'm competitive. But my family comes first.

The other thing I wanted to talk about is: I caught part of the National on CBC and how a man was talking with Christians and Muslims. I'm not sure where he was, but there seems to be quite a division and both sides claim that they only fight in defense. Young boys are making weapons and killing other human beings. It makes me cry. If my heart is breaking, what does God think of all this? All this killing and violence in the name of God. I'm guessing that it makes him cry, too.

No comments: