Thursday, April 03, 2008

Beginning Again

I haven’t been blogging again. I know… that’s a surprise. Not really. There have been a couple of reasons why. First, who cares? Why am I writing all this down anyway? Second, I was telling someone the other day that I didn’t just fall off the food wagon. I’ve jumped off.

Summary: I stepped on the scale today and have gained back all the weight I had lost the previous 3 weeks. Of course, the reason why probably began with the huge tray of cinnamon buns that our family consumed in one day. I’m pretty sure I ate about half the tray by myself. Keep in mind, this isn’t just a little tray that most people have in their homes. I had borrowed some trays from a friend and they held about 2 dozen large cinnamon buns per tray. The tray we ate were the ends and little pieces, so they were more like cinnamon pullaparts. But they were hot and fresh right out of the oven. They were really good. Also, I haven’t been walking to work. I’ve been riding my bike because I’ve been leaving later. That doesn’t burn as many calories as walking does. And I’ve been eating like a pig. Bruce made a dried fruit and seed mixture the other day. He gave me a container for work that was supposed to last me a few days, and I ate it all in one day! I’ve been eating in the evenings, and taking second helpings at supper.

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

*sigh*

Now I’m going to have to start all over from the beginning.

So, tomorrow begins day one. Starting weight: 201 pounds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't feel bad- just begin again. A couple of things that have helped me: don't take a couple of days food at once. Reduce your temptation by only taking what you need that day. Also, never sit down in front of a large tray of baking. Put what's needed on a plate and store the rest immediatly. Oh, and share these rules with the ones who love you- so they will help, not hinder. Carry on! You can do it!

Adelle said...

Thanks. I really needed that encouragement.