Saturday, December 07, 2002

I was just reading in 2 Kings and am wondering what was it about Elijah and Elisha that when they spoke something, it happened? Were they always in communion with God? Is it faith? The same sort of 'miracles' that they performed don't seem to happen nowadays. Is that because we are under the new covenant? The role of prophet seems so different today than it used to be. And, if you think about it, these men were a little 'odd' compared to the rest of society. Are all prophets weird?

We have a busy day today, but at least I'm feeling better. I just needed a little time to re-focus on God. This time of year seems to get so crazy.

I'm not sure what I expected when I sat down to read the Word of God. I guess what I really enjoy is hearing his voice, and I haven't heard it lately. And it's as though I expect that every time I am quiet, he will say something exceptionally revolutionary to my life. I need guidance. I feel as though I'm floundering. There's no real reason for it, that I can see. It's just the way I feel. I'll be glad when we are done with December. And yet, I know that I should be happy right where I am. Enjoy the moment ~ for this moment will never be again. OK, I'll like December. No, I will love December. Snow and all.

No comments: