Thursday, December 12, 2002

I don't know why this happens. I have been meaning to do so many things. I have to clean my house. I need to get to bed earlier. Neither happens. I need to get stuff ready for Brendan's birthday party. That hasn't happened either. It's 2 a.m. and I'm still up. I have to get up in about 5 hours, and I do not function well on little sleep. And the weekend is just getting busier. My life is consumed with my family. Some would say, "As it should be." But I have other things to do, too. And now that there is more added to my plate, I'm feeling overwhelmed again. I like having a cheque to cash, to feel as though I'm contributing to the finances; I look forward to the mornings I don't have to work.

And why, oh why do I have to be a night person? The rest of the world (including my kids) all function during the day. Although, to be honest, I complained when I would be on the night shift, too. Only that would be that I was awake when the rest of the world was sleeping. And there was no consideration for those people who needed to sleep during the day. That feels like a whole other lifetime ago.

Why am I griping? I'm tired. I need to go to bed. Early. All the time. Not going to happen.

No comments: