Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

A few days ago I realized I had forgotten that it is Thanksgiving this weekend. Bruce suggested that was okay because we could just have a quiet dinner with just us. That way I could get all my homework done. I had intended to do my reading for this upcoming week and work on briefing the cases in my text books. At work on Friday I mentioned that I was afraid I’d end up wasting the whole weekend away because I’m so tired.

Well, I haven’t really done any school work yet. I spent Friday evening with my kids watching Monsters Inc. My daughter asked who we are going to have over for Thanksgiving and we said no one. She said we had to have SOMEone, so I thought I’d see if my brother wanted to come over. Then we thought of Bruce’s cousin who is in town. Well, it turns out he has two cousins in town this weekend, and they would love to come over. So our dinner by ourselves has turned into seven adults and three kids. We spent Saturday baking bread and getting stuff ready for supper on Sunday.

I’m really excited because it really doesn’t feel like Thanksgiving unless you spend it with others. And I haven’t wasted the weekend away.

No comments: