Monday, February 22, 2010

It's No Surprise, I'm Crazy

Someone asked me for a recipe at church yesterday, which reminded me that I hadn’t posted any favourite recipes for a long time, which then reminded me that I haven’t blogged in ages.

I’m not sure that it would be wise to try to post an update on everything that has been happening or has happened since the last post. But I can give a general idea, and hopefully I can make a few posts more regularly over the next while.

I have said more than once lately that I must be crazy.

I have wanted to go to Law School for a long time. For about 10 years or so, in fact. When I first thought I’d like to go, I decided to go to Business College first as the program was only 10 months and not 10 years (okay, that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get what I mean). I figured if I could get into a law firm to work, I’d be able to see if that is really what I wanted to do. As it turns out, I love it – working in a law firm, that is. Only in the meantime I ended up meeting my husband and having a couple of children. My plans have been put on hold.

Last Spring we (Bruce and I) talked about my going to university to actually pursue this dream of mine to become a lawyer and decided that I should go for it. I applied and signed up to take a Sociology course, intending to apply to the College of Law for the Fall of 2010.

In the meantime, I received news from my doctor that my kidney function is considerably less than what I had been thinking. I thought I was at about 30 percent kidney function, when in reality I am at about 15 percent. I am starting to notice the effects of this because I am often tired and feel as though I have “fuzzy brain” all the time. Eating also makes me feel kind of ill. So even though I get hungry and still enjoy eating, I also feel like I suffer for it later by being sluggish and feeling kind of gross.

So now I am working full time, taking a university class and have applied for Law School for the Fall while working with my doctors toward dialysis. And, it’s Lent.

Crazy.

No comments: