Thursday, November 29, 2007

I can’t believe it’s almost December. December is too busy. It flies by too quickly. There is my birthday, my son’s birthday, school goodie bags and Christmas. At least this year for Christmas we will be staying home. It has been a while since we have had a quiet, at home Christmas. And I think we are almost done the Christmas shopping. I just have to get the decorations up, especially the tree, so that I can wrap presents and stick them somewhere until Christmas. Then I’ll be able to really see how much there is left to do.

The only thing is, I’ve been sick and feel as though I’m only operating on half a brain. This is not a good thing. But life goes on and doesn’t slow down just because I’m not keeping up.

I have to admit, sometimes I wonder if my being tired all the time is because of my kidneys, because I’m sick, or if it’s just because I can’t seem to get to bed at a decent time so I’m not getting enough sleep at night. I’m not in my 20s anymore, but I think sometimes I forget and think I can get away with little sleep.

Also, there is snow now and the temperature has dropped. It’s definitely feeling like winter. And, once again, I forgot to put plastic on the windows while the weather was warmer. We also need new weather stripping on our doors and the back screen door doesn’t close properly. I wish I knew how to fix all those things, but I don’t. And neither does Bruce. So rather than either of us looking it up to find out, we just ignore it hoping it will go away. Well, it didn’t go away, and now the weather is cold and coming into my house. Yuck.

Okay, well that’s enough of my complaining for today. I’ll shut up now.

No comments: