Saturday, December 08, 2007

Real Life?

A little while ago Bruce and I talked, and I'm in the process of dismantling my neopets account. Actually, it was more of a confrontation than a discussion. But regardless or why, I am getting rid of the stuff.

When a caring guild member asked about giving my account to someone else instead of freezing my account, I wrote a response. I had never really thought of freezing my account - more like I was just going to make it inactive with not much in it to tempt me back.

Well, this is what I wrote, and since I wrote it, I've been really thinking about what I said:

"I'm having a hard time letting go of neopets altogether. I'm okay with the stuff going, just not my account name or my favourite pet (or my stamps *grin*). And it may be a symptom of my having a hard time letting go of stuff in RL, too. We have a cluttered house full of stuff that has memories but no practical use. And I'm at the point where I know intellectually that I need to focus more on my spiritual life (things like my rule of prayer and reading my bible) but I still find it hard to do. It's like I know I need to let go of the things that tie me to this world, but I like the things of this world - even though I know this is temporary and I should think more of what is eternal."

1 comment:

Chasing Inspriation said...

Hi sweetie. Sorry I haven't been in touch more. Thought knowing you blog addy would allow me to keep in better touch. Yeah, then life went and happened. We lost Denali this year. On December 31st actually. And I know in the grand scheme of things this is minor, but he was a part of our family and losing him is like losing a brother.

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear about your kidneys, and heartened to read about you learning to let go of things. Over the last year I've been convicted about letting go of books. And of things that suck my time away from the people and things that matter. It's hard, so hard. I'll pray for you for all of this. Be well, my dear dear one.