Thursday, May 26, 2005

Tired and Crazy

This week has been absolutely crazy. Our office is in the process of merging with another lawyer, plus my regular work has exploded. Okay, not literally, but I have a *huge* pile of files on my desk, plus all the ones that are sitting in a row on my shelf waiting for me to get to. I have about 3 or 4 closings on June 1, not to mention the closings I have on May 30 and the ones I just had this week. Yup, it's getting to be summer time, and I hear it's only going to get busier for me.

This makes me feel really bad about all the non-work areas of my life. They are becoming sorely neglected, and I've been so tired this week. I'm not sure I've had one really good night's sleep all week -- and I do not function well at all on little sleep. I've always need a huge amount of sleep and have never understood people with insomnia. I could easily do with getting 9 or 10 hours of sleep a night. Less than 8 and I turn into a monster.

Of course, part of my tiredness is my own fault. Like last night, we (my husband, a couple of friends, and I) were developing RPG characters. I kept saying that I was going to pack it in and go to bed, and then I would be right back at it picking out a skill or figuring out some other stat. It'll be fun if we ever get around to playing. Even making up the characters was fun. We are going to be a party of 2 half giants (one is a barbarian and the other is a ranger) and a dwarf (fighter). My character is the dwarf and the guys were making fun of tossing her back and forth. She's also going to be kind of grumpy, so I'm really looking forward to it. I've never played a grumpy character. I've always been lawful good (that is my personality in real life), and she is going to be chaotic good. It's a real stretch for me, but I'm up for the challenge. I wanted to be a dwarf because I'm going to have a braided beard. We'll see what she really ends up like once we start playing.

Anyway, I should go try to get a good sleep tonight so I'll stop here. (Since I have a tendency to say that I'm going to go to bed early, and then end up staying up late for one reason or another. I really am a night person.) And the kids have been getting up in the middle of the night all week for some reason.

So, good night.

No comments: