Monday, May 23, 2005

May Long Weekend

I was reminded yesterday how I've abandoned my poor blog. I've been so busy and haven't taken much relaxing time to be at the computer.

This has been a good weekend. It started with a BBQ on Friday night. Our kids had a blast playing with all the other kids there. And Saturday was rainy, but we tried to go to some garage sales anyway (didn't actually find anything worthwhile), went for my massage, checked out some pawn shops (almost as good as garage sale-ing on a rainy day), met a lady and gave her a meal before we headed back home. Overall, Saturday was fun and relaxing. Then Sunday and Monday was yard work, yard work, yard work. A friend of ours came over and tilled up our garden, the grass was mowed for the first time this year, and Bruce fixed some sprinkler heads (we didn't blow out our sprinklers until October. . . oops). A highlight was having friends over for waffles Sunday night for supper. Our kids talked about it all day today, and I had a great time, too. There's nothing quite like food and fellowship on a Sunday night.

But now it's the end of my long weekend, and back to work tomorrow. I have to say, all-in-all it's been a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, adelle,
we had a great time too sunday evening. thanks for the invite. that iced coffee was the best. reminded me that i haven't mixed up a pitcher in a long time.
thanks for your friendship,
janet