Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day. It was relaxing (mostly) and I got the most wonderful presents. For Christmas I had been going on and on about wanting a paper shredder (I have old bills from the early 90s in my house, still). I didn't get one at Christmas and pretty much forgot about it since then. With my birthday in December, I usually only think about getting presents one time a year, so. . .

When I opened my gift I was quite surprised to see a paper shredder. I'm so excited, but haven't used it yet. Just wait until I get to shred all that paper! Woo Hoo!

I also got Brian Doerksen's album Today. When I went to Breakforth in January, I realized that I really love the songs that he writes. And he had introduced this song and I loved it right from the beginning. I've felt for years that my motto is "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." That song is so appropriate. So now my CD is in the van and the songs run over and over again in my head. I don't have any other current Praise and Worship CD's, so I'm really enjoying this one.

I have a wonderful husband (and kids).

No comments: