Monday, August 28, 2006

Busy, Tired, but Doing Well

I've been asked how I'm doing and I've been saying, "Busy, tired, and good." Life has been crazy, and I was thinking my life always seems crazy. I'm not sure I can think of a time when it hasn't been going at 100 miles per hour. Although this last week or two has seemed especially so. A brief recap:

I did some shopping for Brendan for school, including a Spiderman lunchbag that I hope he enjoys. He saw it and reacted very appropriately, so I think I made a good choice.

My sister and brother and I went through some of my mom's stuff and I managed to clean out some boxes out of the garage. There's still a lot to do, but it's getting done.

I've been going for walks with a friend and her dog. We go to the off leash site which is really nice because we walk at our pace and her dog runs all over the place. And it has some really pretty flowers to look at.

Our yard was used for a garage sale this weekend. A friend wanted to have it here, so we said sure. Brendan had the idea to have a lemonade stand where he gave away free lemonade. He had the idea and his sister was the cute one who sat and helped people get their lemonade. I also made some cookies and rice krispie squares to go with the lemonade. His sign said, "Free Lemonade. Tipps Welcome." They made more money than I thought they would. Especially since after lunch they had totally lost interest in their stand and were playing in the back yard or in the house. People still took the lemonade and, as far as I could tell, most paid something for it. Every once in a while one of the kids would come running down the driveway to help people, and I think they had enough fun that they would be willing to do it again.

This week looks as crazy as last so far. BBQ, Children's Ministry Meeting, walks (which I love to go on. It's a great way to hang out with friends and use the excuse of exercise!)

Speaking of exercise, I'm needing to do a lot more of it. I'm supposed to lose weight (just like the rest of North America). Apparently the more fat on my body, the more chance of infection when I have a kidney transplant. And while I realize that may be years away, yet, I love eating sugar and I'm not getting any skinnier.

But right now I'm exhausted and I have to work in the morning. So while there's probably more to say, and what I've said already may have been put more eloquently, I'm signing off for tonight. Good nite.

No comments: