Friday, February 10, 2006

How Quickly Things Change

Well, one week after my last post, I received a call telling me that my mom had passed away. Since then I have made arrangements to take a month off work, to have a memorial service, and to start the process of managing her estate.

You know, the funny thing is that because I had been out to her place in October because of her being in a diabetic coma, I have had people say, "Well, I guess it was to be expected, eh?" Let me tell you, it was not expected. She had by all appearances seemed to be doing better and was finally getting the help she needed to manage her diabetes and get mobile again. And no one is expected to die at the age of 51.

So I go from being sad to being angry to exhausted to just trying to think of the next thing that has to be done. And I feel as though I can't think fast enough or move fast enough. Eating is one of those things that I could do without, as well. I'm not intentionally not eating -- in fact I make a point of making sure I at least eat breakfast, but I am just not hungry.

Anyway, I have to go get some more stuff done. I've just been thinking that I should start writing some of my thoughts down so I can look at them later a little more objectively. If you care, please pray. If you have been or are praying, thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Adelle,
Just want you to know that I have and will continue to pray for you. I'm wondering how things are going. Wish I could have an update. The Lord knows, so I will have to trust that my prayers will be heard by
God despite my lack of current knowledge of how things are going for you. Love ya,
Janet