Monday, October 04, 2004

Passion for Drama

The drama last night went really well. I made it through without one cough or sniffle. God is good. I even remembered all of my lines. Of course, I was covered with prayer and was a bundle of nerves. I'm so thankful for everyone who prayed for me.

Now it's time to start working on some of the other dramas that are coming up. It always seems as though I only have enough room in my head (my life) to work on one at a time. But I'm going to have to start thinking about the next 3. Getting together people, props, etc.

I love doing drama so much, I sometimes wonder why there aren't more people who share my passion. Or I assume that everyone sees it the same way I do, and that's not true. It's like at the worship retreat we had at our church a little while ago, we were supposed to bring an item we thought was a visual representation of why we are a part of leading worship. I brought a mirror because I want to be a reflection of God, and I had assumed that many people would bring mirrors. As it turned out, I was the only one. (There were so many other good visual representations, though)

So, I know that there are other people who have great passion for the area they are working in and wonder why more people don't feel the way they do. We all have passions (and gifts) in different areas. I think that's great. Otherwise life would be so boring if we were all the same.


No comments: